If you’ve been lucky enough to be at the Great Hall for the Barts900 discussions, or if you’ve followed live at home on the webinars, you’ll have been taken on many remarkable journeys through the hospital’s past and enjoyed insights into it’s future.
If on the other hand you haven’t been lucky enough to catch them first time round, recordings of all the Barts900 lectures, hosted by voice of rowing and Barts alumnus Robert Treharne Jones are on the Barts Heritage Youtube channel.
- Deep dives into the life of William Hogarth with expert Lars Tharp, more widely known for his ceramics expertise on Antiques Roadshow, and with curator, museum director and award-winning author Jacqueline Riding
- An exploration of Tudor London through commerce, conquest and Christianity with historian, broadcaster and award-winning journalist Dan Jones
- Director of archaeology Claire Cogar on the opportunities offered by the restoration of the North Wing and the Henry VIII Gate
- Head of Architecture at Purcell Liz Smith on protection and progressive preservation of our heritage
- Historian William Aslet on the life and career of architect James Gibbs
- Barts Archivist Kate Jarman with tales from the Barts archives
- Leading expert in anaethesia David Wilkinson on the herbal mix anaesthetics cultivated by monks
- Barts Heritage CEO Will Palin with a tour of historic Clerkenwell
Visit the Barts Heritage website to find out more and to reserve your tickets for new events in the coming year.